Chhath Puja 2023 Ingredients List: The festival of Chhath Puja is celebrated with great enthusiasm throughout the country. Chhath is celebrated with enthusiasm mainly in the northern states of Bihar, Jharkhand and eastern Uttar Pradesh, falling six days after Diwali. This festival is dedicated to Lord Surya (Sun God) and Chhathi Maiya. On this day, women observe Nirjala fast (fast without water) for 36 hours for the long life, prosperity and happiness of their children.
The four-day Chhath festival is starting tomorrow on 17th November with Nahay-Khay. The materials used during Chhath Puja have special significance. To ensure that no essential item is left out during the ritual preparations, let’s check out the list of puja materials used in Chhath Puja.
Chhath Puja Ingredients List:
- New clothes: A fasting woman should first buy a new saree for herself.
- Bamboo Baskets: Buy two large bamboo baskets to keep the prasad during Chhath Puja. The entire puja material is kept in these baskets and the men carry them on their heads to the river or pond for puja.
- Soup Pot: A soup pot made of bamboo or brass is essential.
- Glass of milk and water: Bring a glass, pot or kalash to offer milk and water.
- Thali: Thali is also required for puja.
Required Pooja Materials:
- Sugarcane: Five sugarcane sticks with leaves are considered important for worship.
- Watery Coconut: A coconut filled with water.
- Rice: Use rice for Prasad.
- Sindoor (Sindoor): Yellow vermillion for applying tilak.
- Deepak (lamp) and ghee: A lamp and ghee to light it.
- Baati (wick): Use wick for the lamp.
- Kumkum: Red kumkum for applying tilak.
- Sandalwood paste (Chandan): Sandalwood paste to be applied on the forehead.
- Agarbatti and Camphor (Dhoop and Camphor): Use agarbatti and camphor for fragrance.
- Flowers: Bring flowers to offer.
- Betel: Betel leaves for offering.
- Raw turmeric, radish and ginger plant: These are important for Chhath Puja.
- Big Sweet Lemon: Use a big sweet lemon for the puja.
- Banana, pear and sapota: These fruits are also needed.
- Sweet potatoes and Suthni (a type of tuber): Include these items in the puja.
- Sweets, jaggery, wheat flour and ghee: Arrange sweets, jaggery, wheat flour and ghee.
- Turmeric, turmeric leaves and green gram: These are the essential ingredients for the puja.
- Singhara (Water Chestnut) and Suthni: Don’t forget to include these items.
- Snacks and dry fruits: Arrange snacks and dry fruits for Prasad.
Make sure you have all these ingredients for a smooth and perfect Chhath Puja celebration.
Also Read: Chhath Puja 2023: Festival starts from November 17- Know the rituals of each day