A skin care regimen before heading out to burn fireworks should focus on protecting your skin from the potential damage caused by the heat, sparks, and smoke associated with fireworks. Apart from this, taking care of the skin after burning crackers is equally important to clean your face and prevent acne. In this article, some tips are shared by dermatologists and experts to take care of your skin before and after burning crackers.
Tips to get the festive glow during Diwali:
Taking care of your skin is essential, especially in times like this when environmental factors like pollution and stress can affect its health. Here are some tips suggested by Shweta Saxena, nutritionist and dermatologist at The Rosacea Wellness
Skin Care Tips:
- Regular face washing: Washing your face with a gentle cleanser helps remove dirt, oil and pollutants, leaving your skin clean and fresh.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliating your skin twice a week helps remove dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and smooth. However, be careful not to over-exfoliate, as this can be harsh on your skin.
- facial Toner: A toner can help balance the skin’s pH level and prepare it for better absorption of other skin care products.
- Brightening Serum: Using a skin brightening serum can address specific concerns like dark spots and pigmentation, making your skin look more radiant.
Change in lifestyle:
- Hydration: Drinking plenty of water is important for skin health. It helps in keeping your skin hydrated from within, thereby enhancing its natural glow.
- Enough Sleep: Getting enough sleep is important as it allows your skin to repair and regenerate, leaving the skin fresher and more radiant.
- Antioxidant Rich Foods: A diet rich in antioxidants like fruits and vegetables can help fight free radicals and reduce oxidative stress, which can improve the health and appearance of your skin.
- Dermatology Screening: Regular visits to a dermatologist can help identify and address specific skin concerns and ensure that your skin care routine suits your needs.
- Fiber rich diet: Increasing your intake of fiber-rich foods can promote a healthy digestive system, which can indirectly benefit your skin by reducing inflammation and maintaining overall health.
Rules to be followed for skin care:
Sandeep Saxena, CEO of Amore Health Essentials Pvt Ltd., BBB Better Body Bombay suggests Follow the step-by-step skin care regimen:
- cleaning with face wash
- Exfoliate with a face scrub
- Hydrate your skin with moisturizing serums
- protect from Even if you’re planning to go out in the evening, a non-greasy moisturizer with SPF 30. This will protect your skin from potential UV damage from the firework light.
- Lip balm to protect your lips from the heat.
- hair protection
Tips to take care of your skin before burning crackers:
Dr Bhavuk Mittal, who is MD (Skin and Hair Specialist) and Gold Medalist Director of SkinPrime Skin Hair and Laser Clinic Ghaziabad, said, “Clean your skin before and after burning crackers to minimize the possible negative effects of chemicals. It is necessary to take care and the pollutants released during firecracker activities.”
Before lighting fireworks, it’s important to prepare your skin to minimize potential damage:
- Hydration: Start by adequately hydrating your skin. Drink plenty of water and use hydrating skin care products like moisturizers to create a protective barrier on the skin.
- Sunscreen: Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, which can increase the effects of chemical exposure during firework activities.
- protective clothing: Cover your skin as much as possible with clothing that can act as a physical barrier against pollutants. Wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and scarves to protect your skin from direct contact.
- Cleaning: Cleanse your face thoroughly to remove any makeup, dirt or pollutants accumulated on your skin. Use a gentle cleanser to keep your skin from becoming excessively dry.
Tips to take care of your baby’s skin after burning crackers:
Dr Bhavuk Mittal suggests some skin care tips to help heal your skin:
- Cleaning: Cleanse your face and body thoroughly with a mild cleanser to remove any chemicals or pollutants left over from the fireworks. This will protect your skin from further irritation or damage.
- Moisturization: Replenish lost moisture by using a rich, nourishing moisturizer to soothe and hydrate your skin. Look for products with ingredients like aloe vera, hyaluronic acid or ceramides to restore the skin’s natural barrier.
- Antioxidant: Use skin care products containing antioxidants like vitamin C or green tea extract to combat oxidative stress caused by pollutants. These antioxidants can help repair and rejuvenate the skin.
- Cooling Agent: If your skin feels irritated or inflamed, apply products with cooling ingredients like aloe vera or cucumber to soothe and calm the skin.
- Avoid harsh products: Avoid using harsh exfoliants, peels or harsh chemicals on your skin immediately after burning crackers. These products can make the skin more irritated or sensitive, increasing the risk of damage.
Skin care tips for adults before and after burning crackers:
Dr. N. Bhavana, who is a dermatology consultant at Care Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, said, “Burning crackers during festivals or celebrations can lead to exposure to air pollution and environmental toxins, which can have an impact on your skin.”
To protect your skin before and after burning fireworks, consider the following skin care tips they recommend.
Before burning crackers:
- Hydration: Start by making sure your body is well hydrated. Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to the festival to keep your skin well moisturized from within.
- Sunscreen: Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin from UV rays and pollutants.
- barrier cream: Consider applying a thick moisturizer or barrier cream like petroleum jelly to create a protective layer over your skin. It can help protect your skin from the effects of pollutants.
- cover up: Wear long-sleeved clothes and a hat to reduce the impact of pollutants on the skin. It can also protect you from any accidental sparks or embers from firecrackers.
After lighting the crackers:
- Cleaning: After the festivities, it is important to cleanse your skin thoroughly. Use a gentle cleanser to remove any pollutants, ash and debris that have accumulated on your skin.
- Hydration: Revitalize your skin by applying a soothing, alcohol-free moisturizer. This will help restore moisture and keep your skin supple.
- Antioxidant: Use skin care products rich in antioxidants like vitamins C and E. These can help fight free radicals and reduce any oxidative stress caused by pollution.
- Cool Compress: If your skin feels irritated, you can apply a cool, wet compress to soothe it. Aloe vera gel can also be helpful in soothing any redness or irritation.
- Avoid harsh products: Avoid using harsh exfoliants or chemical peels immediately after burning crackers, as your skin may become more sensitive. Stick to gentle skin care products.
- stay hydrated: Continue to drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated, as this can promote skin health from within.
- Diet: Eat a balanced diet rich in antioxidants and nutrients, which can aid in skin repair and regeneration.
- Avoid touching your face: Try to avoid touching your face with dirty hands, as this can transfer pollutants and impurities to your skin.
- Rest: Get a good night’s sleep to allow your skin to heal. Sleep is essential for skin repair and regeneration.
- Consult a dermatologist: If you experience any persistent skin problems, consult a dermatologist for professional advice and treatment.